Partners in Pediatrics is a fast paced, nationally recognized patient-centered medical home, and is one of the most well respected pediatric practices in the River Region area. We offer excellent career opportunities for qualified individuals to join a quality team in providing the best pediatric care. We seek positive, capable and caring people who demonstrate integrity, honesty and teamwork in all they do. We offer a full range of benefits including health, dental, life insurance and a retirement plan.
Listed below are positions currently available to qualified applicants. If you feel you possess the qualifications necessary for any position listed, please fax or e-mail your completed application and resume to the Hiring Manager. Our fax number is 334-272-4876 and our email is email@example.com .
Thank you for your interest in our practice.
We currently have three openings: 1. Front Office Support 2. Nurse (RN or LPN)
Front Office Support Position Available
Our office has a position available for a front office support staff member that will contribute to our practice by having a professional attitude and appearance, while maintaining the ability to keep up with our fast-paced practice. This front office staff member will welcome patients, schedule appointments, complete patient registration information, collect and balance payments, answer high volume calls, and assist with various related support work.
Nurse (RN or LPN) Position Available
This position requires nurses to provide direct nursing care to infant, toddler, preschool age or adolescent patients experiencing general medical conditions. Coordinates with the health care team, provides direct and indirect patient care in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act, professional standards of care, state regulations, and accreditation standards. Understands Partners in Pediatrics philosophy, policies and procedures and immunization practices.
Qualifications & Standards
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum of 2 years as a LPN/RN, pediatric experience preferred. Current Alabama LPN/RN license required, BLS and CPR preferred
- Documents patient assessment findings from nursing intervention to assist in problem resolution for optimal care coordination
- Responsible for entering pertinent information including provided patient education and comprehensive communication in the patient chart
- Reviews patient immunization status and immunization record for accuracy as required
- Responds to patient calls and provides ongoing communication with patients as needed
- Collaborates with other members of the health care team continuously to provide quality patient care
- Communicates with Nursing Manager regarding schedule issues, workload and processes
- Participates and attends daily huddles and team meetings for optimal care coordination
- Promotes excellent care coordination among team and external relationships through clear complete and accurate documentation
- Provides feedback for the improvement of care coordination
- Monitors area of responsibility resource needs and collaborates with Nursing Manager
Direct Patient Care
- Conducts individualized patient assessments following practice policies, procedures, or protocols
- Initiates testing per standing orders and acute care needs
- Initiates patient education according to the individualized need of the patient, as prescribed by the physician and/or practice policy including instructions
- Creates a compassionate environment by providing timely physical, social and emotional support to patients/caregiver(s)
- Provides clinical advice regarding patient health concerns and symptoms
- Promotes adherence and assist in the developing care plans in coordination with the patient/caregiver (s) and PCP
- Administers vaccines, medication, and treatments in a timely manner as ordered by the physician
- Follows clinical policies and procedures (Emergency protocols, Standing Orders, Nursing Standards, etc.)
- Protects patients as well as staff by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols including medication administration and storage procedures, in addition to controlled substance regulations
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and participating in professional societies
- Performs other nursing responsibilities as assigned by the provider or Nursing Manager
- Performs other duties as required
- Assist with new staff orientation and training as requested
- Participates in Quality Improvement projects/activities as directed